Monday, February 14, 2011

ode to my bubs

Oh, the love I have for you Z! So many reasons why my life is better with you in it, I could probably name one for every day you and I have shared together. But you won't let me out of your sight long enough to do that, so this will just have to be a work in progress. =)

I now have supermom skills!
Any meal can be eaten one handed, while simultaneously feeding you, and catching food you are throwing on the floor.
After months of dicing up your food into bite sized nibbles, I now have ninja-like knife skills.
Surviving on less than four hours of sleep is possible, if not normal.
I can practically change a diaper in less time than it takes to read this sentence.
I can interpret monosyllabic grunts and gestures as full sentences.

I have a new appreciation for hot showers, even if they are less than 10 minutes.
My commute is now the thirty seconds it takes me to leap out of bed and get across the hall.
There isn't time in my day for snacking. (this is great for my diet!)
I can scarf an entire meal as fast as my brothers and sister after basic training.

I can wake up from a dead sleep, and leap out of bed, at just the tiniest squeak from your bedroom. 
Luckily, I was able to take "sleep when the baby sleeps" to heart, and can sleep any time of the day, in any room of the house.

There is a simple joy in singing nursery rhymes, and thanks to Sesame Street and Baby Einstein, I now know most of the words.

Even though I said I never would be, I am one of *those* moms. And I'm okay with it.

And even on the days, when you're cranky because your getting molars, and you insist on brushing my hair four hundred times, and you won't stop banging your head on the TV, and my protests against your scaling couches, gates, and small buildings falls on deaf ears, my life is better for having you in it!

And a huge thank you to my wonderful hubby for not making me survive this kind of day alone! I wouldn't want to have to do this without the love and support of you, and our families. 







Love you bubs!! 
Happy Valentine's Day Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment