Tuesday, February 19, 2013

cuties

 
 
 
 
 
It's winter still. I try (valiantly, I think) to keep us busy, and outside the house. But there are plenty of days when the cold keeps us hunkered down. I like the crisp wind of fall, and the relief it brings from the hot summer sun, but after a few months of dark days and dirty, wet snow, I miss the sunshine and the warmth. I missed out on most of the summer last year. Being cooped up on bed rest, and recovering after Elara was born, left me very, very pale. There are plenty of things I enjoy in the winter though, and I need to step back and appreciate them. I can't enjoy the bright freshness of a clementine, without little hands reaching out for a share. (The clementine brand, Cuties, are my favorite!) This is only time of year we can get out and go for "snow walks" like we did today. Straight out the door, Z picked up a snowball, and carried it with us almost the whole walk. He wanted to bring it home to Daddy, but decided it would be fun to crush it on the street instead. I'll be happy when summer sunshine returns, but at least I'm cooped up with two of my favorite cuties!

No comments:

Post a Comment