Monday, August 19, 2013

Summer Camp

 
 
 
 
Oh yeah, you're getting too old, too fast Zachary! First it was summer camp, and in a few more weeks, you'll be starting preschool. You are almost four (4!) years old, and yet I still think of you as my baby. You're losing that chubby baby face, getting taller and skinnier, but my heart still remembers holding you in the crook of my elbow. Luckily you still like to snuggle, and you're still little enough to want to play with me. 

You weren't so sure about summer camp; it was going to be your first time away from home by yourself. But once you walked through the door, with your little backpack and snack, you were brave, if a little nervous. Then at the end of the morning, when I was picking you up, you ran up to me all smiles and stories about how you played with toys and made new friends. I think preschool will be even more fun for you, but I still hope you're most enthusiastic about coming home and telling me all about your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment