Thursday, August 7, 2014

Museum Overload!

I hadn't been to the Putnam Museum since I was a little girl, and I had heard great things about their kids exhibits. Then we found out they have dollar days during the summer, so we made sure it happened. Luckily Grandma and Amber wanted to come with us, because it would have been a challenge to keep track of both kids by myself--there were just so many cool things for them to do and see. They place was packed--and now that we know how awesome it was, I think it would be worth going back on a full-priced day to avoid the crowds. At a dollar a piece, it was totally worth our money. Plus--Grandma treated! 

They had lots of hands-on science and technology based exhibits. They pulled levers, and watched paper cups fly up in the air, wooshed scarves through tubes, dismantled computers, roared like animals, and climbed inside trees. I think the kids most loved the little submarine you could climb into. They enjoyed the periscope, and squishing up against the glass for pictures. It was a pretty exciting visit, even more so with Grandma and AmberHunny to keep us company!

































No comments:

Post a Comment