Wednesday, April 22, 2015

String Theory

I rotate the toys in our toy room every once in awhile, because the littles have short attention spans. You hide a toy in the basement, and bring it back out three or four weeks from now, and suddenly the long-ignored toy becomes a long-lost friend. They play fervently for a few days, occasionally for a week or two, and then I hide it in the basement again until they ask for it by name, or I feel it's time to bring it back to life. But the system is flawed. Sometimes I forget about toys I've relegated to the basement, especially something Z played with, but mostly outgrew. Time passes and I don't realize that Elara has grown into that particular toy. But then I spied the box of beads and laces down the basement, and totally rocked Elara's world. She loves this little box of beads and strings. For at least a few days.













No comments:

Post a Comment