Thursday, August 18, 2016

Thanks for...

There aren't very many pictures from last Thanksgiving--at least not that I took. Bear was having a rough time. He started crying soon after everyone arrived, and continued to cry incessantly for hours. I didn't even get a picture of Zachary! But despite all the misery and the thousands of steps I racked up bouncing and walking the baby to try and settle him, I found my self truly thankful at the end of the holiday. I was thankful for my family understanding that babies will be babies, and that though he was screaming bloody murder, I really was doing my best to settle him. I was thankful to my husband for giving me as much help as he could with a baby who was miserable with momma, but even more miserable with everyone else. I was thankful for my mother in law taking a turn stuck in a room with the most unhappy baby ever. I was thankful for the Aunties and Uncles who kept my other kids well fed and entertained while I was busy. And I am especially thankful for our cousin Meg, for being genuine in her offer of help. Not content to stand by, she left the thanksgiving dinner to pick up meds for my little guy, and basically saved the day. Plus Meg made an awesome apple dessert, which I was able to enjoy while someone held a finally sleeping bear. :) So, a gigantic thank you to my wonderful family for making even a miserable Thanksgiving bearable. (Get it? bear-able? ;)








No comments:

Post a Comment