Monday, November 2, 2009

that came out of me??



Over and over I have fielded the question, "I know Z is great, but how are you, Becca?"

And the honest answer...


I'm tired, and occasionally overwhelmed.

I'm very, very happy.


We are adjusting to life as a family of three, and I am recovering better than I had hoped. Paul is back to work, but the house has been full of visitors. Family coming to meet Z, and help us out during these first weeks.

Physically I'm doing as well as can be expected of any sleep deprived new mom. After weeks of bedrest, I appreciate all the little things I can do now. A trip to Target becomes an adventure. Making dinner with Paul, or baking a batch of Benjamin's Breakfast cookies, becomes so much more than just preparing dinner or dessert. I still wear out a little sooner than I'm used to, but I am feeling stronger all the time. Of course, just as I fatten up the little dude, I am definitely looking forward to the opposite for myself. Need to work on getting rid of this leftover Z-belly. Luckily, we're making great progress. =)

And of course, this makes it all worth it:

No comments:

Post a Comment