Sunday, October 23, 2011

Sleep like a Baby







I wish it were this easy to put Zachary to sleep. Just flop him over on his side, and listen to the blissful snoring....

Not that I'm really complaining, Z is a champion sleeper right now. We have a routine that works for him. First we take one last trip to the potty chair, though for now it's still followed by a night-time diaper! Then Daddy takes Z around to close the shades, and Zachary says, "nuh-night sun, sleeeep." They come into Momma and Daddy's room, and Z and I cuddle up together in "Momma bed." Daddy covers us with a blanket, and I sing whatever song tickles Z's fancy, from Elmo's World, to the Tom Chapin songs from when I was a little girl. Then we tell Zachary it's time to sleep, but only after we tell him his animals need to go to sleep too does he agree to let Daddy scoop him up and take him to his room. He will tell me goodnight on his way out of the room, and then as Daddy puts him to bed, Z tells him goodnight and says love you. So sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment