Tuesday, January 1, 2013

new, still.

 
 
 
 
 
Even three years into this parenting gig, I still feel like a new mom. Not in the I have no idea what the hell I am doing kind of panicked way. It's more a  kind of disbelief that this is my new normal, and my real life. Never before have I been a mom of two kids who are this exact age. I now have a three year old who seems to be growing up fast on me, and a five (5!!!) month old little girl who is constantly doing something new and wonderful. Zachary's vocabulary continues to grow astronomically. Yesterday he asked me, "what is hydrate?" Elara is rolling from front to back, back to front, sitting up with very little help, and we just started her on cereal once a day. I imagine that there will be a new-mom feel for years to come, because each day your child is a new age, a new challenge. There's always something different to manage. Zachary is going through an I-don't-want-to stage. He refuses even to do the things he likes to do, just to see if he can get away with it. Love that little dude, but oh is he ever a challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment