Friday, July 19, 2013

Princess Ebe-beebee Elarie Lou


 





















Oh, what a wonderful, wild ride it has been living with you this last year Elara. You are bright, and beautiful, and stubborn as hell. You turned our world upside down, even before you were born. Then you were here, and you never let us forget it. 

I have heard my mother say it time after time: if Elizabeth had been her first born, she'd have been an only child. Sweet child, during your first year you leaned heavily on the spice side of "sugar and spice." I put thousands and thousands of steps on my pedometer, just walking and bouncing, and trying desperately to comfort you. You didn't want to eat or sleep or play on anyone's schedule but your own. Then after nine months of sleep deprivation, and many moments of desperation (you do realize I entirely gave up dairy for you, right? and Momma really likes her cheese...) you were suddenly the happiest baby. You were sleeping through the night, nomming on solid food, and playing with your brother on your own. You didn't mind if I was more than a foot away from you, and it was just fine if other people picked you up or played with you. You became this little ray of sunshine, and lit up everyone around you. 

You are an early bird, and Momma's adjusting to that. I almost don't mind waking up at 4:30 when I get to play with you and see your smiling face. You love your big brother, and think he's the funniest person you know. You are your most excited all day when Daddy gets home from work, practically throwing yourself out of my arms to get to him. I love your (wet and slobbery) kisses, and the little noise you make when you blow kisses. I love how you bounce and throw your arms up in the air when you listen to music. You throw adorable little temper tantrums when you discover the gate is close, and you can't get through to the other side; then you try to just push the whole gate out of the way. I think walking is right around the corner, but in the meantime I am thoroughly enjoying your leapfrog crawling, and your cruising around the living room furniture. You're also more than a little noisy. Frequent "dadas" and rare "mamas", and constant happy squeals punctuate our days.You have a sound you make whenever you see Zachary, and I'm pretty sure it's his name, but I don't think I can get the phonetics of it right--And this week, you started saying "dis." You are one milestone after another.

My little baby girl is one today, and I'm so happy we are on this wild ride together. In another year you'll be running and talking and probably telling us all what to do. So, right now, I'm going to go snuggle my baby, and appreciate your littleness for a few more minutes. 

Love,
Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment