Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Ta-Ta



















It is becoming a solid tradition. When we are in Iowa, Saturday mornings are spent visiting Auntie Kitty at work. We can have a bite to eat, enjoy a cup of coffee, and let the kids entertain the other customers. They usually have some food and then they play with crayons or toys. Until we finally give up and let them wander around the shop. Z will usually finagle some juice and a cup of whipped cream out of Auntie Kitty, and Elara is spoon fed big glops of whipped cream--this always earns huge grins from her! We tried to get Z to try a cinnamon roll the last time we were there, and he just wasn't having it. He wouldn't taste even a single little bite. I wasn't about to make him, just means more cinnamon roll for the rest of us! I love the quiet, warm comfort of the coffee shop. The chaos of all of us sitting around a too tiny table, and the barista is gorgeous! I just wish we could come every Saturday morning. 

Usually Z is still sleeping when I make my coffee in the morning, but one morning this week, he came down just as the pot finished percolating, burbling the last few drops into the carafe. He exclaimed, "I hear that noise all day long at Nonna and Poppa's house!"

Right now I'm letting Elara take apart an entire stack of sticky notes. She pulls each one off, says, "pop!" and then finds somewhere to stick it. It's cheap entertainment really, and if it lets me enjoy my coffee and write up a blog post, I'm all for it. Elara already knows what I'm hiding in my coffee mugs. She points to them, says, "HOT! Mommaa...Ta-ta!" Hot Momma's Coffee. Except that usually by the time I get to it, it's pretty cold coffee. 


No comments:

Post a Comment