Wednesday, July 11, 2012

My First Baby

 
 
 
 
 
 
Hard to imagine that pretty soon here, Z is no longer going to be my only baby. I like to think he's enjoyed being an only child for almost 3 years, and I know I've enjoyed being his momma! Z has been a wonderful first baby, introducing me to the awe inspiring role of momma. I am madly in love with him, and have enjoyed every minute of my time with him. He makes me laugh, and makes me so proud. I can't believe how amazing this little person is. I'm looking forward to watching Elara go through the same transition from little tiny, dependent newborn, to a toddler with her own character and personality. I hope she's as brilliant, funny, loving and awesome as her big brother Zachary!

Adding another little one to the family is probably going to be a tough transition, for all of us. I'm used to being able to focus on Z, and he's used to being the center of attention. He seems excited about the idea of Elara, although I'm sure that is mostly because she's just a growing belly to him right now, and not a crying baby stealing momma away. 

He loves to kiss my belly, and he talks about how he's going to play with Elara when she's "all done growing big in my belly."  He also says that when she cries, Big Daddy Paul will get her a bottle. Guess he doesn't know I'm planning on breastfeeding! 

I'm hoping we can get through the worst of the jealousy without too much drama, but he's 2, and I'll be hormonal (and sleep deprived!), so nobody hold your breath! 


The dynamic will be changing around here. My "big, big, big, big, giant belly" is evidence of that! Wish our new family of four luck!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment