Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Momma's Girl

 
 
 
 
 
 
When Z was a little baby, he would happily cuddle up with anyone. He'd occasionally need what we called a "Momma Recharge." But after a few minutes with me, or a nursing session, he was cool to go back to a warm body. Elara, not so much. Her batteries must be low, because she needs constant Momma-Charging. For weeks now, she has firmly declared her need for Momma. If she catches someone else sneaking a cuddle, she gives them the stink-eye, and bursts into screaming tears. If she discovers I have put her down sleeping in a bed, bouncy seat, swing, she immediately starts crying. It's been a challenge, with thousands of pacing, bouncy,swaying steps registered on my pedometer. But perhaps there is a light at the end of the tunnel. This weekend Elara curled up with her daddy for several hours...more than once! I hope this trend keeps up, I love snuggling with Elara, and all the walking has been good for my baby-weight loss, but I'd like to eat a meal in peace, take a shower without listening to cries, and use two hands to do my hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment