Friday, October 19, 2012

Patching Things Up

Our trip to Country Corner was even more fun, because we were accompanied by Auntie Lizzie, Auntie Kitty, Lauren and Grandma. Plus it was grandparent's day, and customer appreciation day, so Grandma was free, and we were all half price! AWESOME!
Thanks Auntie Kitty and Auntie Lizzie for cuddling Elara for me...I can't wait for her to let that happen frequently and without complaint. But I'll take it as it comes! Also, I didn't realize how much this wrap makes you look like a pregnant lady, with a head poking out alien style... Maybe I need to play of that for a halloween costume this year!

Bouncy House: First Zachary took a trip down the slide....
Then it was Lauren's turn!!
We all found a spot in the funny animal picture...
But Z made the best funny photo.
The Petting Zoo might have been Z's favorite part of our trip. Auntie Lizzie bought a cup of animal feed, and they got up close and personal with a donkey, the goats, the bunnies, a pot bellied pig, and I think it was an Alpaca.
  
 
 
 
The Corn Maze was on Auntie Kitty's list of favorite things. She took charge of directing us through the longest corn maze I've ever been in. She also made a decision when we'd been in there for 45 minutes, and we hadn't made any progress.
She decided to turn around and head for the beginning again, rather than try to find our way through to the end. Between her and Auntie Lizzie and Lauren, we finally got back to the start. I was absolutely no help with that, I just followed the leaders. Zachary hitched a ride on the leaders. They took turns giving him piggy back rides, because we'd been walking through that maze for a long time.
He had fun, but his legs were totally blasted by the end!
Mine were too! Thank you bed rest and pregnancy for making me over weight and out of shape! Maybe I need to get lost in more corn mazes. =)
A trip to the pumpkin patch wouldn't be complete without a trip to the pumpkin patch. Or would it? After our maize maze fiasco, we were done. Even a hayrack ride sounded like a hot mess. So we took the easy way out, and picked a pumpkin from the big crate o' pumpkins they were displaying.
Z wasn't too tired for another kind of ride. He hopped right up on that horse, and didn't let go.
  
The smile never left his face, the entire time he was riding.
He still tells me about how he rode a horse at the pumpkin patch. He even remembers that the horse's name was BJ.
This is Elara's take on her trip to the pumpkin patch. This was Z's.
Can't wait to celebrate Halloween with my two little monsters. They've already made me a Zombie, so it's only fitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment