Monday, April 22, 2013

GP&E

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I am lucky to have some great memories of times spent with my great grandparents. Grandma and Grandpa Pete were my Mom's grandparents, and lived right across the river from us. I can very distinctly remember Grandpa Pete's love for hot coffee and fishing, and dislike of white bread. Grandma Pete is a warm and soft memory. I remember her wearing an apron, and working in the kitchen. I'm so glad that my children are getting the same opportunity to know my grandparents. I wish they could know all of their great grandparents, but the opportunity to know at least some of that generation, is wonderful. My grandparents come to visit us, and spend all of their time with us when we visit. They don't hesitate for a second to involve themselves with the kids. Grandpa is right there on the floor playing with Elara, building a relationship with a fourth generation. I am so lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment