Tuesday, September 10, 2013

When I Grow Up...

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
So today was a big day at our house. Zachary had his first day of preschool! He was such a brave little guy. I was definitely more nervous than he was! He found the cubby with his name without assistance, and hung up his backpack. Then he went over and started playing with a microscope. (I seriously love this preschool) He wasn't at all bothered that I was dropping him off at sea school, and driving away until the class was over. He was actually quite excited to hear that I was going to go grocery shopping, and he wouldn't have to go. :) 

When I picked him up, he was full of stories about his class today. They got to touch a starfish, and a snail. Apparently if you want a snail to come out of its shell, you should hum. Z says it really worked! They had circle time, and sang songs, and they did a starfish craft. He did inform me that he and Miss Amy couldn't find the tiny toys. Z remembered playing with them when we went for our classroom visit a few months ago. The other teacher overheard Z telling me the story, and told us she had taken them out of the room, and she didn't think any of the kids would notice. Oh, you'll soon learn, Z notices everything. I think the biggest disappointment of the day happened when Z found out he has to wait until Thursday to go back to sea school.

Before Z went to his first day of school today, I asked him what he wants to be when he grows up. He responded, "I want to be an airplane fly-er!" Then later, "or maybe a monster." 


No comments:

Post a Comment