Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Coffee on the Patio

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I must have written this post before, because this is an experience that has and will be repeated many times. There is such a comfort in being home in Iowa, and doing the things that my family always does on a summer morning. Over the course of a few hours, everyone wakes up, and makes their way together. Grabbing a cup of coffee or a bite to eat, changing into clothes, or staying in pjs. Sitting around the yard, chasing babies and puppies, or letting them chase each other. Just relaxing and letting the warm morning sun and caffeine from the coffee perk you up. My dad will be in the garage fixing a computer, and my mom will be puttering in the garden. We all wake up slowly, letting the day unfurl before us. Winter time mornings are nice too--hot coffee and cuddly blankets have their place, but summers are my favorite.  

No comments:

Post a Comment