Thursday, May 19, 2011

and everything in between







Zachary loves to sing. He has a tendency towards the Barney songs, probably because the one Barney DVD we have is a sing and dance special. For awhile he would sing-in-the-blanks with me. 

Me: Oh Mr. Sun, sun, Mr. Golden Sun, hiding behind that...
Z: Tree!
Me: Please shine down on...
Z: Me!

Now though, Zachary has been starting to sing songs by himself. It's become a bit of a competition between Paul and I, to see who can guess what song he's trying to sing. (I have an unfair advantage though, since I'm home with Z most of the time, and watch the shows with him!)  He will sing the Itsy Bitsy Spider, the ABCs, If You're Happy and You Know it, and John Jacob Jinglehiemer Schmidt (darned if I know how to spell that song, but Z can do some of the hand movements for it!). 

Mr. Sun comes out like this: Sah, Sah, Me!

My current favorite song he sings isn't on his Barney dvd, it's a song I sing to him to keep him distracted during Diaper Changes (capitalized because Diaper Changes often feel like an Olympic event right now). We sing Head, Shoulders Knees and Toes. 

Z: Heh, Showr, Kneeee, Kneeee. 

Occasionally he'll throw the toes in for good measure.

No comments:

Post a Comment