Monday, May 9, 2011

lucky me.







These boys, my boys, make me feel like the luckiest momma ever. Yesterday was Mother's Day, and they certainly made me feel special; they spent the day showing me, and telling me how wonderful I am. But really, I feel like I should be celebrating them, because I couldn't do it without my boys. 

Paul goes off to work every day, while Zachary and I are still sitting around in our pjs, drinking our sippy cup of milk, and mug of coffee respectively. Because he's the breadwinner--I get to stay home and be the breadmaker! He makes it possible for me to stay home, and take care of the bubs myself. And little dude makes my job a pleasure. My day is full of his bright curiosity, and infectious laughter. My kitchen isn't always clean, and the beds may not be made, but Z and I have a blast all day long.

Then Paul comes home from work, and usually without even taking the time to change out of his work clothes, he starts playing (read: rough housing) with  Z, giving me a chance to breathe deep, and refocus. That small moment of me time gives me the clarity to really enjoy my little family for the rest of the evening. 

I have a husband who loves and supports me, and a son who is always making me smile. So I am the luckiest momma ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment