Wednesday, May 23, 2012

doctor's orders

 
 Elara was already 3 pounds at her last ultrasound, big girl!
Oh my lovely babies, the things this Momma does for you. I shouldn't be surprised, but somehow I was anyway. 70 miles outside the quad cities my ob called to tell me not to leave on my trip. I have pre-eclampsia again with this pregnancy. With Z I was on bedrest starting at 31 weeks, and delivereed one day shy of 37 weeks. We got the orders at 29 weeks this go around, and I've been lounging around ever since. It probably sounds like a dream come true, sitting around all day, letting everyone else cook and clean and take care of Z. And it is wonderful for the first couple hours, then you start feeling lazy and demanding, isolated and helpless. I couldn't do this without my wonderful hubby and family. They have taken over caring for both Z and me without complaint. Plenty of teasing, as I am a lady of leisure for the time being, haha. But we are both well-fed and entertained thanks to everyone else's efforts! 


Hopefully I have many more weeks of baby-baking ahead of me-we have ten weeks still to go to August 1st! It's a difficult road for us all, but Elara will certainly make up for all the hardship!

No comments:

Post a Comment