Sunday, May 13, 2012

Raking in the Cute

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
What more could a Momma want then her two favorite boys working out in the yard for her? You two look good out there! Thanks for making me such a proud, happy Momma! 

These pictures were obviously from a few weeks ago, as I can never seem to catch up to the real world timeline, but we really did spend all day outside working in the yard yesterday. It was a beautiful sunny day, after a good week of rain, and it felt good to get outside and play in the dirt. Zachary was absolutely adorable. He helped me plant sunflower seeds  all over the garden. First he dug the hole (he just had to use the new hand spade Paul got me for Mother's Day). He would next ask for a seed, and toss it somewhere in the vicinity of the hole. Of course, he tried to convince me every single time that he needed more than one seed for the hole, before he'd shove a handful of dirt and mulch back on top. I'm not sure exactly where we are going to have flowers pop up, or if any of them will actually grow, but it was so much fun I don't care a bit. 

Z also helped me plant basil, tomatoes, snow peas, sugar snap peas and cilantro. I was very careful to remind him not to step on the green plants we were putting in. I had just reminded him for the hundredth time, when he announced, "Ok Momma, then I can step on the purple one!" I turned around just in time to see him crushing the purple basil I had planted! I'm hoping it's tough enough to stand up to a 2 year old's abuse, otherwise it's going to be a very long summer!

Happy Momma's Day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment