Tuesday, May 20, 2014

A Few of his Favorite Things

















Zachary, you are the best. I can't help but be happy and smiley when you are around. You are loyal and loving and protective. You have an unbelievable memory, and a voracious curiosity that is going to take you far in life. You are also just unbelievably sweet. While you were finishing up your dinner, I started picking up the scattered pile of superheroes from you afternoon adventures. I teasingly called out, "you better know how much I love you, I'm in here cleaning up your mess." You jumped out of your chair, and hurried over, declaring loudly, "Momma, I want to help you so you don't have to clean up the toys by yourself." 

Yesterday, after one of our regular run around, I'm-gonnna-get-you sessions, and a yoga routine, you slipped and fell on the toy story couch. There were a few tears, but mostly a brave, quiet poise. You told me you fell and hurt your ankle. I told you to rest for a little while, and Elara rushed over to cover you with her favorite blanket, deliver you a stuffed scooby doo, and give you a big hug. You looked up at me with big eyes and said, "Elara gives the best hugs in the whole world, Momma." But I think you might have that only slightly wrong dude. You and Elara are totally tied for first place in the best-hugs-in-the-whole-world category. 

No comments:

Post a Comment