Thursday, May 15, 2014

Beachy





















These pictures make me miss my sisters. They also make me realize that although I've been wishing desperately for more consistently warm weather, I didn't hole myself up all winter just because it was a little chilly. We still went outside, and enjoyed the coastal living we have at our disposal. Sometimes living here, I forget that for most people, this isn't their backyard, this is their destination. They take time off of work, and make travel and lodging reservations, and they make the most of their vacation in Mystic. We live here. On a whim, we can hop in the car and go play at the beach, even if it's winter coat weather. And if we get soaking wet and cold (and dirty!) we are two miles from home. I can't take that for granted. I'm also vowing right now not to take the warm weather for granted--we are going to take advantage of the sunshine, and the local tourist attractions, all summer long!

No comments:

Post a Comment