Friday, July 18, 2014

Mommy and Me Gymnastics

































I know, it's a lot of pictures. But it was Elara's last day of gymnastics, and I really wanted to capture what she did in the class. I hadn't really had a chance to document it before, because I spend the entire hour chasing Elara around an obstacle course, helping her climb and jump and tumble and balance. Adding a camera to the mix just felt like extra craziness. But since it was the last day, I went for it. Elara grew so much from the beginning of the class to the end. The first time they called her name, she sat solidly in my lap, but by the last class she was running enthusiastically out to the star during attendance, and attempting to jump. She especially loved the balance beam, and the bar. and she can now do a forward roll all by herself! I think we will be doing another gymnastics session in the fall, and maybe a dance class too. She looks pretty amazing in a leotard!

No comments:

Post a Comment