Friday, July 25, 2014

Very Important Things









Zachary has always loved toothbrushes. Always. But I definitely did not anticipate, or fully appreciate just how much this particular toothbrush meant to him. I thought I had it figured out. I bought a whole package of AVENGERS toothbrushes. He could use the hulk, or Ironman, or Thor. And then I could throw away this sad little toothbrush. I'm a pretty cool Momma. But, no. It's his TOYSTORY toothbrush. With Jess, and Woody, and he looooves his TOY STORY toothbrush. You guys, we had to have a funeral/going away party for his toothbrush. He had to brush his teeth just one more time. He wanted pictures of the toothbrush, and pictures of him using the toothbrush. Then, when he was done he threw it away. He held it over the trashcan, and delivered the most moving eulogy ever given to a toothbrush. "Toy Story toothbrush, I will always remember you. I will always think about the day that the dentist gave you to me. I will never forget how you helped me brush my teeth everyday. I will miss you Toy Story toothbrush. The end." Then he got all teary eyed, and I had to reassure him that he has cool avengers toothbrushes now, and he can still get a toothbrush next time we go to the dentist. He still asks me if I remember his ToyStory toothbrush. Of course Z, how could I ever forget?

No comments:

Post a Comment