Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Fabulous Foursome

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Two weeks later, and we're still trying to adjust to this new normal, our little family of four. 

We're all a little sleep deprived. Even Zachary is included in that. He has decided to forgo his midday nap almost every day. Of course just when I could really use the nap time for myself, Z decides to stay awake all day..AND then he's cranky at about 4 o'clock, because he hasn't had his nap. Not that I'm necessarily able to sleep when he does decide to nap, because I have to be lucky enough to have Elara down at the same time...fat chance of that! Luckily we've had a steady stream of family members volunteering to wake up with Zachary in the morning, or keep an eye on him in the afternoon when I'm in desperate need of a catch-up nap. Plus there are always volunteers to hold Elara and give us a little break!

We've been SO lucky to have food on our table at dinner time (because I certainly haven't had the time, energy, or even the inclination to get it there!) My parents kept us very well fed while they were here, and then left us with great leftovers...which carried us over until Auntie Ginny delivered lasagna, and Auntie Millie brought grape leaves. I haven't had much of an appetite since the delivery, but those were still YUM.

Food and sleep, I suppose those really are the essentials. Things haven't been easy, and I probably need to suck it up and make a trip to the market soon, but thanks to our wonderful families we're surviving!

No comments:

Post a Comment