Thursday, August 16, 2012

Slumbering Party

 
 
There's just no way to get enough sleep when you have a newborn and a toddler. Sleep when the baby sleeps is a near impossibility with Z running around..I think I've gotten them to coordinate naps all of twice in the last month! And honestly, that was more of a nap overlap than an actual coordination. 

Night time is another impossibility. Z goes down around 8, 8:30, and usually I'm ready to wind down myself sometime between 10 and 11. Exhaustion has meant I'm usually thinking about collapsing into bed with Z, but houseguests have kept me up later than I probably should be enjoying their company! Of course, Elara has started to have an awake period starting around 11...and lasting however long she'd like. I'm lucky to get her down again by 1. Oh she'll snooze in between, but actually getting her down in her bed and sleeping, so that I can do more than close my eyes and snuggle under my covers, just doesn't happen often. Then after a night of ups and downs, she'll usually be just getting back to sleep, after a nice long awake stretch, right as Z wakes up. Means I'm lucky to get a couple hours of sleep, and uninterrupted sleep is unheard of. It also means I sometimes have to wake Paul up in the middle of the night, just to help maintain my sanity. He'll take care of a diaper change, or rock Elara for a couple minutes, and then help get her down in her bassinet. Someday we'll all get caught up on our sleep--but in the mean time we snag naps whenever we can!


No comments:

Post a Comment