Wednesday, November 7, 2012

cuts like a knife

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Zachary loves fun. He's also a mischievous little boy. Yesterday, I was changing Elara in the mudroom, and Zachary comes and starts telling me a story. He was telling me something about a big triceratops pushing the little triceratops into the hole, and how he can't get him anymore. I just listened and, oh-okayed him. 

Then it dawned on me. "Zachary, did you put the triceratops down the air vent?"

Blank stare. What in the world is she talking about...

"Down on the floor, like the vent by your feet. Did you drop the triceratops down there?"

"YES!" I've been saying this for ten minutes! "Can you help me get the little triceratops out?"

I told Zachary that I might not be able to get the triceratops back. 
"Don't you have a special tool, Momma?" Please please please Momma, my poor little triceratops!

Lucky for him I have long arms. "Zachary, If I see you playing with the vent again, you will get a timeout."

Later that night, Paul was going through Z's bedtime routine, including What-We-Did-Today. Z decides to recount the Triceratops Incident to Big Daddy Paul. "And then Momma said, "If I see you playing with the vent again.." and I said, "But Momma, you didn't see me. You were in the mudroom changing Elara."

Oh this child!

No comments:

Post a Comment