Monday, April 7, 2014

Can't Talk Now, I'm On Another Call












Phooom. Ham. Me. (Phone. Hand. Me.)

Oh my phone is ringing? You can bet Elara is making a run for it, and claiming the conversation with whoever is calling. Doesn't matter if it is the doctor's office, or a friend of mine. She wants to chat. I might be able to wrestle back control of the conversation if it's my credit card company calling. But if it's a grandparent on the line, I don't stand a chance. Sometimes I find myself chasing her around the house, trying to hold a conversation while Elara runs around babbling to my phone. Usually I just wait until she gives up. Which is practically never. So then I resort to bribing her with something else. Like coloring, or blueberries. Occasionally that will win out over the phone call, if she's had a chance to fill the person in on her goings on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment