Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Sit, Read, Me.





Little miss bossy pants has no problem telling you what to do. She's lucky Zachary is an easy going kid, and goes along with her instructions most of the time. Lately, those instructions have been for whoever she's bossing around to sit down right next to her, and read her a book. Or just sit next to her while she pretends to read a book. 

Yesterday E and I wandered around Old Mystic Village while Zachary was at sea school. She had fun deciding when we would go into a shop, and when we would leave. We practiced looking with our eyes and not with our hands. I'm impressed with how well she is listening, and following instructions. You can actually tell her no, and she will mind you more often than not. She also spent much of our walk, finding places for us to sit. Everywhere is fair game: we sat on rocks, and fence posts, benches and grassy spots, the only time I interrupted the fun, was when I saw her eyeballing a mud puddle. She said hi to all the animals, and pictures of animals. There was a garden store in particular that she enjoyed. They were stocked with statues and ornamental garden pieces, and lots of easter knick knacks. We said Hi and Bye to all the bunnies and sheep and frogs. She also told me when they were sleeping, and if they were nice. I'm hoping her interest in all of the cute little stores will translate into a happy shopping buddy for me in a few years--we're well on our way. 

I already have my foodie shopping buddy. It's becoming tradition for Zachary and I to sneak away just the two of us to BJs on the weekend. He helps me remember what's on our list, and helps with important decisions, like cucumbers or mini peppers, or as he likes to suggest, BOTH! He's getting a little more adventurous in his eating. Last night, we made a pot of Chili, and I told Zachary it was super energy muscle soup, SuperSoup for short. He ate every single bite in his bowl. So proud of him for trying new things, and SO happy he likes beans now. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment