Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Naturally





Maybe it won't last forever, but for now, my kids love each other. Zachary is an overprotective, affectionate big brother, and Elara is an adoring little sister. They greet each other like long lost friends whenever they have been apart for even a short while. Elara is becoming more independent from me, and in some ways more dependent on her big brother. Instead of me being her shadow at the playground, she holds her brother's hand, and he carefully leads her up the stairs, and they go down the slide together. Another mom at the playground actually complimented me on how wonderful my two children are to eachother, and how beautiful it is that Zachary is such a protective and loving big brother. I've never ordered him to play with her, or forced him to take care of her. He just naturally assumed the role of protector and playmate, and she just eats up all of his attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment