Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Socializing





Babies don't do much beyond eating, pooping, sleeping, and crying for the first several weeks. There really isn't any interaction past meeting those needs. Then sometime around 6 weeks they start smiling at you. You'll even hear the occasional coo out of them. 

Your heart will melt. 

The first time Elara smiled at me, it was around 4am; we'd been up for 2 hours catering to all of her non-sleeping behaviors. She looked up at me, and broke out in the biggest grin, and I immediately burst into tears. Blame hormones, or exhaustion. Or feel free to blame Paul. I do. For practically everything...haha. But  it was seriously the most gratifying thing she had done for me in her entire life. Well, there was a 5 hour stretch of sleep once, that was pretty good too. 

I adore this baby, and she has a dimple!



I know Elara, I'm sleepy too. You do know how to fix that, right? 

No comments:

Post a Comment